At Salted Vines we work hard to give all of our guests who visit a pleasant and memorable experience with us. To help make that possible we have implemented certain polices and procedures which allow us to do our jobs to the best of our ability.
About Our Wine Tastings
- Tastings are $10 pp and allow guests to sample as many of our wines from our current wine list as they would like. Guests will also get a sample of our Vin-O-Slush (frozen wine slushies) when available and a new wrapped Salted Vines keepsake glass.
- Shared Tastings are not allowed. We welcome guests to sample two wines at no charge. Guests that sample more than this will be charged for a wine tasting. If you are a designated driver we are happy to supply you a bottle of water at no charge.
- We love to accommodate group tastings, but if your party is more than 8 people we require a reservation. If you arrive with a group of 8 or more without a reservation, you will be charged our $15 group tasting fee whether we are busy or not. Group tastings are much more intimate and take additional time and attention from our “wine”tenders (pourers). If your un-scheduled group arrives when we are busy with limited space at the bar and are you are willing to split up and taste when and where spaces become available, we will charge you the regular tasting fee of $10pp. For more information on Group Tastings see below.
Groups of 8 or more that would like to do a wine tasting are required to make a reservation. Bus Groups can also be accommodated with a reservation. To do so, simply contact Katie Duke at (302) 436-1500 or email@example.com.
We schedule group visits during normal business hours throughout the week except on Fridays when they must be scheduled before 5pm and before 1pm on Saturdays. If you would like a VIP experience that we can schedule outside of these time limitations, check out our PARTY PACKAGE option below.
Group Tasting fees vary but both require a non-refundable deposit of $40, which reserves your groups scheduled date and time. (Deposit will be applied to your balance the day of your visit.)
- $15pp in season (May thru the end of September) and year round on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- $10pp Monday thru Thursday during the off season (October thru the end of April)
Our Party Package is great for birthday celebrations, bachelorette parties, girls’ weekends, reunions, or just a gathering of family and great friends.
Our Party Package is $40 per person and includes:
- Wine tasting of as many of our wine selections as you would like and when available a Vin-O-Slush sample (frozen wine slushy).
- Vineyard and Winery Tour (Weather permitting and based on Tour schedule).
- A private tasting and “wine”tender for your group.
- Individual gourmet cheese snack plates.
- A special sign greeting your party.
- A new wrapped keepsake wine glass for each guest. The guest of honor will receive a complimentary upgrade to our large Salted Vines keepsake wine glass filled with a little treat or for groups with no guest of honor we do a treat in each of your small keepsake glasses.
- Included with the party package your group will receive 15% off of any bottles of wine purchased during your visit and $1 off of glasses of wine and Vin-O-Slushies.
- Complimentary Transportation Service within a twenty-mile radius of the winery for up to 11 people (based upon availability). Includes pick-up and drop-off at an agreed time and location.
- Per Delaware law, NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES are permitted at any time on the premises.
- Wine can be purchased by the bottle to drink on-site with others but in accordance with Delaware law an open bottle of wine cannot be taken off of SVV&W premise.
- Per Delaware law, bar stools are not allowed at the Tasting bar (unless a valid handicap or need requires one).
- We have the right to card anyone. Please be sure to have a valid ID with you or we will not be able to serve you or allow you near the bar.
- Children and guests under the age of 21 are not allowed at the tasting bar.
- Children are welcome at Salted Vines, but must be under the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at all times. SVV&W does not take responsibility for accident or injury caused to children who are not properly supervised.
- Our tasting room and restroom facilities are handicap accessible.
- An assortment of indoor and outdoor tables and seating are available on a first come first served basis provided that the respective facilities are not reserved for a special event.
- You are more than welcome to bring lawn chairs, folding tables and blankets for outdoor use.
- Please treat other customers with courtesy and respect their space for enjoying their picnicking, socializing and activities.
- Balls and frisbees are prohibited near the parking lot and seating areas.
- Dogs are welcome. Please keep them outdoors (with the exception of licensed service animals), on a leash and clean up after them.
- Food at Salted Vines
- We offer cheese plates featuring local cheeses from Chesapeake Bay Farms (while supplies last).
- We offer local, hand-made chocolates to pair with our wine from Taste-D’s Custom Chocolates (while supplies last).
- Throughout the year Salted Vines’ hosts Food Trucks on-site and guests can find out when they will be here by checking out our event schedule.
- Guests are welcome to bring picnics/food to enjoy outside. Due to space limitations in the tasting room, food is not permitted inside unless it is not busy or SVV&W staff has given prior approval. Please be courteous and clean up tables when you are finished with them.